It is an easy dish to make with leftover rice.
- 2 cups cooked rice ( left over rice works best)
- 1 chicken breast sliced in to thin strips
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- ½ tsp green chili paste
- ½ tsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 tbsp yogurt
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- 3-4 tbsp oil
- Pinch of orange color
- ½ tsp white pepper powder
- Salt to taste
- Add chicken strips to the marinade prepared by mixing yogurt, red chili powder, green chili paste, ginger garlic paste, 1 tbsp oil, salt, corn flour and orange color. Allow to marinate for about 2 hrs.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a non stick pan. Add chicken with its marinade. Stir well for about 3-4 minutes on high heat. Lower the heat and cook covered for 3-4 minutes or until chicken is tender, stirring it frequently. Take out in a dish.
- In a hot wok add 1 tbsp of cooking oil; add boiled rice, cooked chicken pieces, salt and white pepper powder. Mix everything well.
- Serve hot.
Do You Know?
Rice may be soaked prior to cooking, which saves fuel, decreases cooking time, minimizes exposure to high temperature and thus decreases the stickiness of the rice.
For some varieties, soaking improves the texture of the cooked rice by increasing expansion of the grains.