This is a simple and delicious salad made from puffed rice (Murmure), cucumber, onion, tomato and cilantro leaves.
Murmure are easily available at most of the Indian grocery shops. These are also used to make Bhelpuri.
- 2 cups Murmure (puffed rice)
- 1 cucumber peeled and chopped finely
- 1 medium onion chopped finely
- 2 tomato chopped finely
- 2 tbsp finely chopped cilantro leaves
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- salt to taste
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 green chili finely chopped
- Mix all ingredients well in a bowl.
- Serve immediately so that the Murmure Salad does not get soggy.
Do You Know?
Puffed rice is referred to as mur mure in some parts of India.
It is a type of puffed grain made from rice; usually made by heating rice kernels under high pressure in the presence of steam, though the method of manufacture varies widely.
A traditional way of making Murmura is heating rice in a sand-filled oven just like popcorn.