This is a simple and quick recipe. Fresh goat meat is cooked with spices on slow heat.
- 1 lb mutton
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 2 tbsp yogurt (beaten)
- 1 tsp garlic grated
- 1 tsp ginger grated
- 1 tbsp red chili powder
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 2 green chilies finely chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 small stick of cinnamon stick
- Crispy fried onions to garnish
- Green coriander leaves finely chopped for garnishing
- Salt to taste
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
- Heat ghee/ cooking oil in a heavy bottom pan, add bay leaves and cinnamon, saute until they turn light brown in color.
- Add lamb, onion, ginger, garlic, green chilies, and all dry ingredients along with salt.
- Fry for 8-10 minutes. Add yogurt and fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Cover the pan and simmer on slow heat stirring occasionally. Cook until mutton is tender. Add very little water if required.
- When meat is done add 2-3 cups of water. Mix in 1 tsp of garam masala and boil for 2-3 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro and crispy fried onions.
- Serve hot with Salad, Vegetable curry and tandoori roti.
Note: Usually goat meat takes less time in cooking but it depends on size of the meat pieces. Thawed meat takes longer time for cooking.