- 1 large boiled potato, peeled and diced
- 1 small tomato finely chopped
- 2 green chilies finely chopped
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 1 tsp chat masala
- 2 cup yogurt beaten well
- ½ tsp roasted cumin powder
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro
- Salt Mix to taste
- In a bowl mix yogurt, chopped tomato, chopped green chilies, grated ginger, chopped cilantro, chat masala and salt.
- Add boiled diced potatoes.
- Garnish with red chili powder and cumin powder.
- Serve chilled.
I always prefer to keep boiled potatoes in refrigerator for 3-4 hours before making raita. Extra moisture is removed in the refrigerator and it becomes easy to dice potato in neat small cubes.
Do You Know?
Yogurt has nutritional benefits beyond those of milk. People who are moderately lactose-intolerant can enjoy yogurt without ill effects, because the lactose in the milk is converted to lactic acid by the bacterial culture.
Lactose intolerance is the inability to metabolize lactose (a sugar found in milk and other dairy products). The required enzyme lactase, to metabolize sugar, is either absent in the intestinal system or it is lower in availability. It is estimated that 75% of adults worldwide show some decrease in lactase activity during adulthood.