The nicest thing about this dish is that it is really easy to make. Chicken is marinated in yogurt; seasoned with tandoori masala and cooked in non stick pan.
- 1 small chicken cut into four pieces (Tandoori style) with skin removed
- 2 tbsp Tandoori Masala
- 1 tbsp Kasoori Methi (Dry Fenugreek Leaves)
- Pinch of Tandoori food color
- ½ cup fresh yogurt
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- Salt to taste
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- Onion rings to garnish
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Make shallow diagonal slashes in the chicken pieces, rub orange Tandoori color on chicken pieces and keep aside.
- Mix the Tandoori masala, dry fenugreek leaves, red chili powder, ginger garlic paste, 1 tbsp cooking oil and salt with the yogurt and make a smooth paste.
- Smear this paste all over the chicken pieces, ensuring you rub it well into the slashes you made earlier and that the pieces are well coated.
- Put all the pieces and marinade into a deep bowl and cover. Refrigerate and allow marinating for 10-12 hours (over night).
- Heat 2 tbsp cooking oil in a non-stick frying pan and add chicken pieces without marinade.
Cook covered on medium heat for 3-4 minutes. Open the lid and flip chicken pieces. Cook covered till chicken is almost tender, flipping every time you open the lid of the pan.
- Once chicken is almost tender dry out the juices if any left.
- Place chicken in a platter and garnish with lemon juice and onion rings.
Do You Know?
Modern metal cooking pans are frequently coated with a substance such as polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) coating in order to minimize the possibility of food sticking to the pan surface.
Nonstick coatings tend to degrade over time, and require vigilant care and attention.
In order to preserve the nonstick coating of a pan, it is important never to use metal implements in the pan while cooking, or harsh scouring pads or chemical abrasives when cleaning.