Chicken wings are given shape of Lollipops. Nowadays these are easily available in the market.
Chicken Lollipops are marinated in chicken masala and ginger garlic paste; coated in a spicy red batter and deep-fried in oil. Serve hot as appetizer with salad.
- 10-12 Chicken Lollipops
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Chicken Masala
- 1 tsp green chili paste
- 1 tsp cilantro leaves paste
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Egg
- 2 tbsp Maida (or All Purpose Flour)
- 2 tbsp Corn Flour
- Salt to taste
- ¼ tsp red food color
- Cooking Oil for deep frying
- Put all the chicken lollipops in a bowl.
- Add ginger, garlic, cilantro leaves and green chili paste to the chicken. Mix well.
- Add maida or all purpose flour, corn flour and chicken masala to the same. Break one egg into the bowl, add red food color, and salt to taste. Mix well.
- Keep aside for 1 hour to marinate.
- Heat some oil in a kadhai or wok on medium flame. Deep-fry chicken lollipops in the hot oil by holding the tip of the bone and placing the meaty section of the lollipop in the oil. Discard marinade.
- Serve hot with salad as a appetizer.
Do You Know?
Chicken lollipop is an appetizer served before the main courses of a meal. It is made from the middle (and sometimes inner) segments of chicken wings. The middle segment has one of the two bones removed, and the flesh on the segments is pushed to one end of the bone. These are then coated in a spicy batter and deep-fried. It is also a popular item in Indian Chinese Cuisine.