Grated carrots cooked in thickened milk, garnished with nuts and raisins.
- 2 pounds grated carrots
- 1 liter full cream milk
- 4 tbsp ghee ( clarified butter)
- 1 cup sugar (modify according to taste)
- 1 can of condensed milk
- Almonds slivered
- Cashew nuts chopped
- 1 tsp green cardamoms powder
- 1 tsp Rose water
- Heat ghee in a heavy base kadhai / wok.
- Add cardamom powder
- Add grated carrot.
- Stir for 2-3 minutes.
- Cook over medium heat until all the milk is dried up.
- You should stir the mixture occasionally to prevent any sticking.
- Add condensed milk
- and sugar to it.
- Stir well and fry on medium-low heat until ghee starts separating. At this stage they should turn a rich, reddish color.
- This gives glaze and flavor to halwa.
- Remove from fire and mix in the rose water.
- Garnish with almonds and cashew nuts.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.