- 1 cup Roasted Vermicelli (available in Indian Grocery Shop)
- 1 small onion chopped finely
- 1 small potato cut into small cubes
- ½ cup frozen or fresh green peas
- 2-3 tbsp peanuts or any other type of nuts
- 3 tbsp of cooking oil
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp chana dal
- ½ tsp black pepper powder
- 5 curry leaves ( meetha neem ka patta)
- 4 green chilies finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- Finely chopped green cilantro leaves
- In a pan heat oil on medium heat. Add mustard seeds, after they splutter, add chana dal.
- Add Kadi Patta, peanuts, chopped onion, potato cubes, green chilies and green peas when chana dal becomes pale red. Stir fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Now add the roasted vermicelli, salt and black pepper powder. Add two cups of warm water and simmer it covered on low heat. Do not open and stir the vermicelli pulao for first 8-10 minutes. It should be cooked like rice pulao. When vermicelli is just done ( it may take 10-15 minutes) remove the pan from fire and allow it to cool for about 15 minutes without stirring it.
- Take out in a serving bowl, garnish with chopped cilantro leaves.
- Serve with coconut chutney.