It is a fun to utilize leftovers to have a whole different presentation.One day I found in my fridge, some leftovers like poha, khichdi, chana dal and aloo methi sabji. I just combined these leftovers with boiled potato, chopped onion and green chilies and prepared crunchy delicious cutlets.
Exact amounts are not included because it depends on the amount you have left over. Just use your good judgment and imagination and enjoy your creation.
- 3 cups total leftover (chana dal, matar poha, arhar dal khichdi, aloo methi sabji)
- 1 cup potato boiled and mashed
- 2-3 green chilies finely chopped
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- ¼ cup green cilantro leaves finely chopped
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp chat masala
- 1-2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2-3 tbsp grated cheese
- Breadcrumbs to coat cutlets
- Oil for deep frying
- Mix all ingredients except oil and breadcrumbs.
- Shape into cylindrical structures (you can give any shape you like). Roll each cylindrical cutlet in breadcrumb and refrigerate for about 10-15 minutes.
- Deep fry in hot oil till crispy brown. If cutlets are flat in shape, these can be stir fried.
- Serve as a snack with chutney/ketchup of your choice.
Do You Know?
Do You Know?
- Proper refrigeration is essential for foods leftover. Consuming spoilt food can result in disaster. Beware that food gets spoiled before it looks, smells or tastes bad. Therefore use a refrigerator thermometer to ensure proper storage below 40 degrees Fahrenheit
- Food should be reheated once and once only. A cooked item that is reheated for more than once can harbor bacteria which could make one seriously ill.