This salad is highly nutritious and filling. I like to prepare it as filler between lunch and dinner. Relative proportion of ingredients is ones choice.
I prefer freshly boiled Garbanzo and Bengal gram instead of tinned ones for salads. All ingredients should be freshly prepared for salads.
- 1 cup boiled Kala Chana (Bengal Gram)
- 1 cup boiled Kabuli Chana (Garbanzo)
- 1 cup golden apples diced
- 1 cup red hard tomatoes diced
- 1 cup cucumber diced
- ½ cup chopped cilantro leaves
- ½ cup roasted Pecans chopped
- ¼ cup onion chopped
- 2-3 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 tbsp ginger grated
- 2 Green Chilies chopped
- 2 tbsp salad oil
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp sugar
- Soak the Black Gram and Kabuli Chana, together, overnight in plenty of water.
- Boil in salted water until soft. Drain and refresh with cold water. Drain and allow them to cool.
- Dice cucumber, tomatoes and golden apple of the same size of Kabuli chana.
- Chop onion, green chilies and cilantro leaves fine.
- Roast the pecans and chop them in big size pieces.
- Completely crush garlic so that it can blend with oil well.
- In a small bottle, with a tightly-fitting cover, take the ingredients for Dressing. Put the lid on and shake the bottle to mix all the ingredients in it well.
- In a big bowl take the salad ingredients and mix well with dressing.
- Refrigerate for about an hour before serving.