Chutney is made with Sautéed pureed green tomatoes with green chilies and unripe mango.
This tangy spicy chutney goes well with savory item as well as main meal.
- 4-6 green tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium sized onions, coarsely chopped
- 10 green chilies chopped (hot chilies)
- ½ cup raw unripe mango (kairi) chopped (or lemon juice)
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- Pinch of asafetida
- ½ cup chopped coriander leaves
- salt or to taste
- Heat 2 tbsp cooking oil in a pan on medium heat.
- When hot, add asafetida and cumin seeds and fry till spluttering stops.
- Add chopped onion, chopped green chilies, chopped green tomatoes and salt; sauté over medium heat for about ten minutes or until tomatoes are cooked to soft mush.
- Turn off the heat. Let the ingredients cool to room temperature.
- Take them in a blender; add chopped raw unripe mango and chopped coriander leaves. Puree until smooth. Taste and adjust salt if necessary.
- Spoon out into a clean glass jar.
- Serve green tomato chutney with your favorite savory items. The chutney stays fresh for about 4-5 days, when refrigerated.
Note: Although unripe mango gives a desirable flavor to chutney but if it is not available than use fresh lemon juice (according to taste).