It is fairly easy and quick to prepare. Boil oats with milk, add Saffron and Cardamom Powder and get a taste of creamy delicious Oats ki Kheer.
- 1 cup Quaker Oats - Old Fashioned
- 2 cups Water
- Pinch of salt
- 1 ½ cups Full cream milk boiled
- ¼ cup Sugar (modify according to taste)
- ¼ tsp Green Cardamom Powder
- Few strands of Saffron
- Pinch of Nutmeg powder
- ¼ cup chopped dry fruits (Almonds, Cashews etc)
- Cook the Oats with 2 cups of Water and pinch of salt in a microwave for about 4 minutes or cook them in a vessel for about 5-6 minutes.
- Transfer the above cooked Oats into a bowl and stir in warm Milk. Keep on stirring for some time so that lumps are not formed and kheer becomes smooth and creamy.
- Add all the Dry fruits, cardamom powder, half of the Saffron, pinch of Nutmeg powder and Sugar.
- Mix all the ingredients well. Transfer in a serving bowl.
- Garnish with little cardamom powder and few strings of Saffron. Keep covered in refrigerator for 4-5 hours.
- Serve Chilled
Do You Know?
Wheat, rye, and barley have proteins that collectively are called 'Gluten'. Some people cannot tolerate gluten when it comes in contact with the small intestine. This condition in ‘Gluten- Sensitive’ individuals is known as coeliac disease.
Oats naturally contain a type of protein called 'Avenin' that is different to the type of gluten you find in wheat, rye, barley and triticale. Avenin can also be toxic to the intestinal mucosa of Avenin-Sensitive individuals, and can trigger a reaction in these coeliacs.