- 4 eggs
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 2 green chili finely chopped
- ¼ tsp red chili powder
- ¼ tsp black pepper powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp cilantro finely chopped
- 2 tbsp cooking oil or butter
- Crack the eggs in a bowl and beat them with a fork to blend the egg white and yolk into a homogenous liquid.
- Heat oil/butter in a non- stick frying pan on medium heat, add chopped onion, finely chopped green chilies and fry them until they become light brown.
- Add the beaten eggs to the mixture and cook on medium flame, tossing and slicing the mixture with the spatula into discrete lumps.
- Add salt, red chili powder and Black pepper powder and keep mixing. Once the lumps are cooked, remove from flame.
- Garnish with cilantro leaves and serve hot with paratha.
Do You Know?
Egg Bhurji is a dish popular in north and western India. Its preparation and appearance are similar to scrambled eggs. The difference lies in the addition of sautéed chopped onions, chilies, and optional spices. Paneer may be substituted for the eggs.