Fresh Goat Brain fried with a little ginger garlic paste, salt and pepper makes a good appetizer. It can be a part of main stay if cooked with more spices.
- 2 whole Goat Brains (fresh)
- 2 medium onions sliced thinly
- ½ tsp garlic paste
- ½ tsp ginger paste
- 2-3 green chilies finely chopped
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 tbsp chopped mint leaves
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- In a pan boil about 5-6 cups of water. Add 1 tsp salt, turmeric powder and brains in it. Cover the pan and off the heat. After 10 minutes drain and cool the brains.
- Now remove the outer transparent skin of brains carefully.
- In a frying pan heat 2 tbsp of cooking oil. Fry onion, ginger garlic paste, green chilies till golden brown.
- Add brains, and mix in black pepper powder, salt (as per taste) and lemon juice. Fry for 7-8 minutes on slow heat. Break the brains in pieces with the help of spatula so that brains are completely fried.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro leaves. Sprinkle little more fresh lemon juice if required.
- Serve hot as an appetizer.
Do You Know?
The brain is rich in cholesterol because the nerve tissue, with which it is made up of, largely contains fat (about 60% of the total make up of the brain). This fat is due to the presence of large quantity of myelin present in the nerve tissue. Myelin is largely made up of fat and it acts as insulator around the axons of the nerve tissue.