Here is a simple recipe of minced lamb stuffed potato cutlets. Serve these as a starter or a snack with chutney of your choice.
- 4 medium potatoes (boiled and mashed)
- 2 tbsp corn flour
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp white pepper powder
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ¼ pound boneless mutton(very small pieces)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 brown cardamom
- 1 green chili chopped fine
- 2 cloves of garlic chopped fine
- 1 tsp ginger grated
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves chopped fine
- ½ tsp black pepper powder
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup semolina for coating
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
- Boil mutton with ginger, bay leaf, and cardamom until the meat is cooked. Use minimum amount of water just required to boil the mutton.
- Heat 2 tbsp of cooking oil in a pan on medium flame, till hot. Add the green chilies and garlic and fry till the chilies turn whitish and the garlic turns light golden.
- Add the onion and fry till soft.
- Now add boiled mutton and salt to taste. Fry it till all the water is evaporated and mutton pieces are completely mashed. Mix in black pepper powder, chopped cilantro leaves and lemon juice.
- Stuffing is ready.
- Put some of the mutton stuffing in the potato cup.
- Cover with the potato mix around it to make a ball.
- Roll each cutlet in semolina and refrigerate for about 10-15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a deep pan or kadhai on medium heat and fry the potato cutlets until light brown.
- You can shallow fry these cutlets on a heavy bottomed skillet.
- Cool on paper towels.
- Serve with chutney or ketchup of your choice.
Do You Know?
Snacks can be an important part of a healthy diet. Well chosen snacks can help you manage your weight, hunger, health and energy.
Eating several small healthy snacks between meals helps with weight loss by keeping craving down and preventing excessive hunger that may lead to overeating.