Soaked sabudana is cooked with ground peanuts, and green chilies to make tasty and easily digestible khichdi during fasting days.
- 1 cup sabudana(pearl sago)
- 2 Green Chillies chopped finely
- ¼ cup coarsely ground peanuts
- 1 boiled, peeled and diced potato
- ¼ cup ghee or cooking oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- Sendha namak to taste
- ½ tsp black pepper powder
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp finely chopped cilantro leaves
- In a bowl, soak the sago 3-4 hours in enough water to cover.
- Mix crushed peanuts,black pepper powder and sendha namak with soaked sabudana and keep aside.
- Heat the oil/ghee in a pan on medium heat. Add cumin seeds. When the cumin seeds crackle add green chillies and potatoes, fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Mix sabudana mixture and fry for about 8-10 minutes till sabudana becomes transparent. Sprinkle lemon juice.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.
Do You Know?
Research has shown that fasting on alternate days can help people lose weight, but not for long. In one study, people who followed an alternate-day fasting diet shed weight, even when they ate all they wanted on the non-fasting days. However, they could not maintain the weight loss over time.