Long Green Chilies are stuffed with potato mix and then stir fried.
Serve it as a side dish with Dal and Roti.
- 10 large green mirch (chili peppers)
- 2 large potatoes
- 2 tbsp besan
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1 tbsp cilantro leaves finely chopped
- 1 tsp amchoor powder
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp coriander powder
- ½ tsp garam masala powder
- Salt to taste
- Pinch of asafetida
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
- Wash and pat dry all the chili peppers. Make one slit along the length of the chilies from just under the stem to just above the end of the chili and pluck out the thick white vein in the middle along with the seeds. Keep aside.
- Boil and skin potatoes.
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds and asafetida powder. When cumin crackles, add chopped onion and fry till onion is transparent. Add boiled mashed potatoes and sauté for 2-3 minutes on medium-low flame.
- Add besan to the potatoes and mix well. Cover the pan and cook for about 4-5 minutes on slow flame. Now add all dry spices (turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder, amchoor powder and salt). Mix well and cook for a minute. Stuffing is ready. Now take the stuffing off the flame and cool it down. Add chopped cilantro leaves.
- Fill the slit in the chili with the potato mix stuffing.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a non sticking shallow pan on a medium flame. When the oil is ready, arrange stuffed chili peppers in the pan, and cook without lid till done.